So...in my last post I said I was going to try roasting chickpeas. This was inspired by a Pin I came across for THIS recipe...I know what you're thinking, it is a bit weird! But my curiosity won over and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised...they tasted kind of like peanut brittle, the chickpeas really go crunchy which I wasn't expecting! If you fancy giving these a go then here's what you need to do...
- 200g Can Chickpeas in water (this is a small half can size so if you want to make the recipe with a normal sized can just double the rest of the ingredients.)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Drain the chickpeas really well and dry the excess off with a paper towel. I then removed the outer skin on the chickpea, these can be a bit tough so it's worth taking the time to do this.
- Then place on a baking tray on some greaseproof and roast for 45-50 minutes at 180c.
- They will go golden brown and when you taste one they should be crunchy all the way through.
- In a bowl combine your Honey, Sesame seeds and Cinnamon. (If your honey was the set variety like mine then just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to loosen up.)
- Tip in your chickpeas and stir to coat well, tip back on the greaseproof tray and pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Once done leave to cool to let the honey harden slightly...that's if you can resist the temptation to try this weird and wonderful snack!
- Keep in an airtight container. These should last for a few days but they are best on the day.
I would love to know if you give these a try! If honey sesame isn't your thing then pop over to the site I got the idea from HERE as they had other flavour combos such as Garlic Parmesan or Smoky Spice...
ps - Apologies for the crappy photos, it was the evening and artificial light never quite makes up for the real thing!