Lunch is one of the hardest meals for me when I'm at home, work is different I plan things to take in, but at home I get lazy and often just have a bowl of cereal...so this little beaut of a recipe is super tasty and super quick to knock up plus a tad more interesting than a plain old sarnie! (or cereal...)
It came about after a rummage in the reduced bread section at Tesco, seeing this garlic and parsley flatbread for about 60p...I love a bargain, plus bread stuffs freeze so well! But this little flatbread was not destined for the freezer that day...oh no, it was going to live its remaining few minutes as a gorgeous salad, tomato and feta topped mega snack! Enough talk, here's the info...
What You Need... serves 2
- One Flatbread of choice (I recommend one with added stuff just for extra flavour, garlic, sundried toms etc...)
- Handful of Cherry Toms
- Around an Inch off a block of Feta
- Couple of handfuls of Mixed Salad leaves
- Balsamic Glaze (or just Balsamic vinegar) for drizzling
- Turn your grill on and leave to heat while you prep the minimal ingredients.
- Chop tomatoes and feta into rough chunks, pop onto the flatbread and season with ground pepper. (NO salt please as feta is salty enough!)
- Grill the flatbread, toms and feta until warm and slightly crispy.
- Remove and leave to cool for just a minute before topping with the salad and drizzle with balsamic glaze/vinegar.
- Chop into wedges, stuff into face and enjoy...
I love it when a recipe just comes together out of a load of random stuff and tastes as good as this did! A fab summer lunch even if I do say so myself...hope you're enjoying the sunshine everyone!x